Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
If you want quick and easy I have the appetizer for you! This Roasted Red Pepper Hummus takes minimal ingredients and is absolutely delicious.
- 1 15-15.5 oz) can of garbanzo beans
- 1 8 oz jar of roasted red peppers
- 3 Tbs of lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8-1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 Tbs of tahini
Drain the garbanzo beans and empty the entire can into a food processor or a blender. Add the roasted red peppers and blend for 15-20 seconds.
Add in remaining ingredients and mix until it becomes a thick sauce/puree, with a fluffy consistency, and smooth.
Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Garnish with parsley flakes, or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Garbanzo beans and Chickpeas are the same thing so you can use either label.
- Tahini can be easily found in your local grocer, usually in the ethnic section.
- This needs to be refrigerated after each time you serve it to preserve it's freshness.
- You can absolutely freeze this recipe, see my notes above on how to store.
- This can be served with chips, pita bread, pretzels, vegetables, etc.
- If you do not have a food processor a blender will work just fine.
Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 101IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg