Easy Sautéed Zucchini
Want a fresh and easy side dish for your dinnertime meal? This Easy Sautéed Zucchini has minimal ingredients and is done in under 20 minutes!
- 3 Tbs salted butter
- 1 large shallot diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 3 medium sized zucchini squash halved and cut into half moons
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp italian herb blend
Add butter (or olive oil) to heavy nonstick pan and heat over medium high heat until melted and foamy.
Add shallot and garlic to pan and cook 2-3 minutes, until fragrant and soft, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
When shallot is slightly browned and fragrant, add zucchini to pan and season well with salt, pepper, and herbs.
Sauteé until softened and browned, another 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- If you want to draw out some moisture of your zucchini salt it on paper towels before cooking and pat dry.
- You can replace the shallot with a regular onion if you'd like.
- You can use fresh chopped garlic or minced from a bottle.
- You can easily buy italian herb blend seasoning at your local grocer.
- If you want to add a little more flavor, add some bacon to this recipe, it's absolutely delicious.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 671mg | Potassium: 417mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 560IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg