Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup is one of my favorite soups of all time, easy, tasty, family friendly and 100% delicious. A family hit for sure.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb potato Gnocchi
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Heat oil in an instant pot on sauté setting. Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook for two minutes. Add garlic and cook one more minute. Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.
Pour the chicken broth in and stir to dissolve flour mixture.
Place the chicken breasts in the broth. Replace cover and lock lid into place, move the pressure valve to sealing position. Cook on manual pressure cook (high) for 15 minutes. Release pressure by moving the valve to “vent” when the timer goes off.
Remove the chicken from the instant pot and shred with two forks.
Place the chicken back into the instant pot and add the milk, spinach, salt and pepper.
Add the gnocchi to the broth and vegetables and set the pressure cooker on “Saute”. Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions, or until it starts to float.
Add your spinach, salt and pepper then pour in your milk and stir.
Turn off the instant pot and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- To thicken your soup mix together 1 Tbs water with 1 Tbs cornstarch and heat in instant pot on saute until thickened.
- If you want a richer version of this you can use heavy cream or half and half.
- If you are not the hugest fan of garlic, you can cut that back.
- You can freeze this soup but it may become watery when defrosted.
- We have instructions on how to make in the slow cooker above as well as the stove top linked at the top.
- You can use kale in this soup, but we prefer spinach but either will work fine.
Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 911mg | Potassium: 471mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4589IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 4mg