Better Than Sex Cake
This old-fashioned Better Than Sex Cake is doctored up and drenched in caramel, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate. Topped with a vanilla frosting, nuts and a caramel drizzle.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 3.4 oz box Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz hot fudge
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix dry
- Toffee pieces
- Caramel drizzle
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9x13-inch cake pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, mix together all of the cake ingredients on medium speed until fully combined.
Pour the cake batter into the baking pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes clean from the center of the cake.
Remove from the oven and poke holes in the cake with a wooden towel or the handle of a mixing spoon.
Pour the caramel sauce over the top of the cake, followed by the sweetened condensed milk, and then finally the warm hot fudge. Let the cake soak and cool for 30 to 60 minutes before frosting.
To make the frosting, add the ingredients to a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Spread the frosting evenly over the top of the cake and top with toffee bits and caramel drizzle.
- We doctor up this cake mix to make it a littler richer and bakery like, but you can use just any old regular cake mix and back according to package directions.
- If the cake seems to rich for you you can leave out one of the layers to tame the sweetness down.
- If you are not a fan of heath bits you can use mini chocolate chips as a topping.
- We like to drizzle this with extra caramel, but we have also been known to drizzle with chocolate syrup as well.
- This recipe needs to be refrigerated because of the whipped topping in the frosting.
- We use whole milk to doctor up this cake mix but you can use any milk you have on hand.
Calories: 573kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 463mg | Potassium: 336mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 716IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 2mg