Cherry Hand Pies
Want a quick and easy hand held dessert that everyone loves? With only 5 ingredients and 15 minutes you’ll have these delicious Cherry Hand Pies.
- 1 14.1 oz pkg refrigerated pie crust (or two homemade)
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs water
- Decorators sugar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
Unroll your pie crusts onto cutting board and using a 4" biscuit cutter cut out circles in your crust. Ball up and roll out crust scraps to make the remaining circles.
Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and top with about 1 Tablespoon of cherry pie filling.
Fold pie circles in half and crimp edges with fork to seal, some of the filling might come out, but this is okay.
In small bowl whisk together your egg and water.
Brush each hand pie with egg wash until completely coated.
Sprinkle with your sugar and poke a fork into the center to vent and then bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- You can use refrigerated pie crust or homemade.
- You can use any pie filling that you'd like, we went with cherry for this recipe.
- This makes about 12-14 if you roll out your dough scraps and use up the remainder.
- You can top with decorators sugar or turbinado sugar or make a powdered sugar glaze to dip them in after they are done cooking.
- It's ok to have some of the filling ooze out when you are crimping.
- We try to use about 1 Tablespoonful of the filling in the center for 4" circles.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 122IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg