Homemade Dog Treats
If you have a four legged furry friend in your house and want an easy 4 ingredient less than 30 minute recipe then you need to make these Homemade Dog Treats.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine ingredients in large bowl until well blended.
Flour work surface lightly and roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
Cut out using bone shaped cookie cutters (or any other cookie cutters)
Place on lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool.
- If you don't have whole wheat flour on hand, you can use all-purpose.
- You can use old fashioned oats instead of quick cooking, we like quick cooking because they are smaller and don't dry the treats out.
- Make sure to check your peanut butter label to make sure that your type of peanut butter is safe for dogs.
- Use the scraps and roll out again until all the scraps are used, this creates about 3 dozen dog treats.
- You can freeze, see directions above.
- You can use any cookie cutter you want,
- These are soft baked treats, if you want crunchier treats leave in the oven for about 15-20 minutes longer.
Calories: 43kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1073IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg