Orange Glazed Salmon
This Orange Glazed Salmon is a quick and easy weeknight meal that serves the whole family, has minimal in gradients and is absolutely delicious.
- 2 lb salmon fillet
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbs orange zest
- orange slices
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with tin foil, place your salmon filet on foil and season with salt and pepper.
In a bowl mix your orange juice, honey and orange zest together until combined.
Pour this mixture over your salmon evenly, using a pastry brush try to brush as much liquid on top of your salmon as you can.
Place salmon in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until internal temp is 145 degrees F and salmon flakes easily.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.
- Find yourself a nice even salmon filet for this so it cooks evenly, you don't want one that is really uneven because you will have parts that are over cooked or under cooked.
- Make sure that the internal temperate of your salmon reaches 145 degrees F. for optimal doneness.
- Using tinfoil really helps with cleanup of this recipe and prevents the salmon and glaze from sticking, as honey will scorch under high temperatures.
- You can continue to glaze this salmon while cooking, just use a pastry brush and brush on some of the glaze that is on the sides of the salmon.
- If you want, prop your salmon up to cook on top of some orange slices, this will also enhance the orange flavor and help your salmon from sticking.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 914mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 97IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg