Pulled Pork Sandwiches
If you love easy, tasty and filing these Pulled Pork Sandwiches are what you need. Sweet, tangy and delicious these are perfect for your next potluck.
Servings: 8 people
- 3-4 lb pork shoulder
- 1/3 cup bbq dry rub your favorite
- 15 oz bbq sauce your favorite
- 6 oz pineapple juice
Rub your pork with about 1/3 cup of your favorite bbq dry rub (we used Hey Grill Hey's Sweet Rub).
In bowl or large measuring cup add your bbq sauce and pineapple juice.
Whisk together until everything is combined.
Add your pork to a 6qt crockpot and pour your sauce over the top and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 5-6 hours.
Shred and serve.
- After shredding it will look like a lot of liquid, the meat will soak it up do not worry.
- Make sure if you are using a pork butt to remove the blade bone, its large you can't miss it.
- I highly encourage you to try it topped with coleslaw if you haven't before, so good and ads some crunch.
- Use any bbq rub or sauce you want on this recipe the rub we used is linked above.
- You can trim the fat off your pork if you like (this hold amazing flavor) or just remove the fatty portions when shredding.
- Drizzle a little extra BBQ sauce on top of your sandwich for a more potent BBQ flavor if you desire.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 843mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 379IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 207mg | Iron: 7mg