Sweet, tangy and perfectly delicious this Raspberry Sauce uses minimal ingredients and whips up in under 20 minutes. The perfect topping to you favorite sweets.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 oz fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs cold water
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
In a medium saucepan add water, raspberries, lemon juice and sugar.
Heat for about 5 minutes over medium high heat until the raspberries break down while you mash them around with a spoon.
Remove from heat and strain out seeds (if desired) through a fine mesh strainer.
Return sauce to pan and place back on heat.
In a small bowl whisk together your 2 Tbs water and cornstarch and stir into sauce for about 1 minute until slightly thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in your vanilla and salt.
- You can use fresh or frozen raspberries for this recipe, we prefer fresh but either will work.
- You DO NOT have to strain out the seeds if you do not want to, we like it smooth without them but leave them in if you don't mind seeds.
- This can be served in, with or over a multitude of things such as ice cream, muffins, in cakes, added to frostings, etc.
- You can make this sauce with pretty much any fruit, so try it with strawberries, blackberries, etc.
- When cooking down make sure to press the raspberries so they all absorb into the sauce and you don't have any large chunks.
Calories: 511kcal | Carbohydrates: 123g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 592mg | Potassium: 514mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 82g | Vitamin A: 112IU | Vitamin C: 95mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2mg