If you want a dish that is absolutely delicious and filling these Baked Meatballs are it! Giant, full of flavor and perfect for the whole family!
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground italian sausage
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375.
In large bowl add your ground beef, onion, eggs, breadcrumbs, garlic, milk, italian seasoning, parsley, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
Using your hand or a spoon mix it all together gently just until it is combined, you don’t want to over mix.
Using an ice cream scoop or your hands portion your meat mixture out into 15 equally sized meatballs and place in 9"x13" baking dish, bake for 25-30 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with 4 cups of spaghetti sauce and one cup of cheese.
Place back in oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes until meatballs reach internal temperature of 160 degrees F and cheese is melted and golden.
- Use the leanest beef you can find, this will produce the less amount of grease possible.
- You can use a mixture of ground beef and Italian sausage like we do or you can use all ground beef.
- Do not overtax the meatball mixture, this will cause it to get tough.
- We use canned sauce for this recipe, you can use your own homemade but you will need 4 cups to bake these meatballs in.
- We top our meatballs with shredded parmesan, feel free to switch it up with italian blend or parmesan.
Calories: 700kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 205mg | Sodium: 999mg | Potassium: 605mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 174IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 4mg