Quick and easy and ready in under 20 minutes this Tortellini Alfredo is the perfect dinnertime recipe that you can whip up on the fly. Super tasty and flavorful.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese cut into 4-6 pieces
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan shredded or grated
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 19 oz bag cheese tortellini, cooked
In medium saucepan on stove add your butter and melt on medium heat.
Once melted stir in your cream cheese and whisk until blended.
Add in your heavy whipping cream, parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Whisk until thickened and smooth.
Stir in your tortellini and toss to coat, garnish with parsley and shredded parmesan if desired.
- You can use heavy whipping cream or heavy cream (there is a fat difference between the two) or to make your own heavy cream mix together equal portions of half and half and milk.
- You can use any type of parmesan in the sauce recipe, canned, freshly grated or grated in the bag, it is very forgiving.
- The cream cheese won't entirely melt into the butter and thats ok, once you add the heavy whipping cream and remaining ingredients everything will come together.
- If you want to add a meat aspect to this, grilled chopped chicken would be the perfect addition.
Calories: 934kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 82g | Saturated Fat: 46g | Cholesterol: 272mg | Sodium: 1017mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2538IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 447mg | Iron: 4mg