With only 6 ingredients these delicious Scotcheroos are the perfect dessert to take to any gathering. They disappear fast, are easy to make and absolutely addicting.
Servings: 15 bars
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups rice krispy cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
In large pan or dutch oven add your corn syrup and sugar.
Stir your corn syrup and stir over medium heat until it just comes to a boil and sugar dissolves.
Remove from heat and stir in your peanut butter until combined.
Once combined add in your Rice Krispies and stir until everything is coated.
Spread into a greased 9"x13" baking dish, set aside.
In double boiler or microwave melt together your butterscotch chips and chocolate chips and spread over bars and set aside to harden.
- We really prefer a double boiler when it comes to melting chocolate, it helps it from seizing and you don't have to stop and stir in intervals.
- Do not over boil your sugar and corn syrup mixture, as notated above this can cause everything to get hard and not chewy like they should be.
- If you are not a fan of butterscotch you can absolutely just use all regular chocolate chips for this recipe.
- Another well known type of bars like these are known as Special K bars, you can use crushed up Special K cereal or cornflakes in the same amount for these bars.
- We have not tired any other nut butters in this recipe, but I suppose you could use almond butter, but the flavor will be a little different.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 783IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 4mg