Chocolate Lava Cake
If you love easy and simple desserts then this Chocolate Lava Cake has to be top on your list. With only 5 ingredients this can be made from start to finish in under 30 minutes!
Servings: 4 cakes
- 1 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate baking bar chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 Tbs flour
Preheat oven to 425.
Prepare 4 6oz ramekins with shortening and sprinkle a little bit of flour or cocoa powder and move around bottom and up the sides of ramekins, this helps the cake from sticking to sides.
In medium bowl add your baking bar and butter and melt in microwave.
Whisk in your powdered sugar until combined.
Add in your eggs and egg yolks and whisk until blended.
Lastly add in your flour until mixed and no lumps remain.
Distribute batter evenly among your ramekins and place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes until outside is firm and center is still a little jiggly.
Remove from oven and let sit a few minutes before turning out onto a plate.
- We use semi-sweet baking chocolate in the bar form for this recipe. In a pinch you can use chocolate chips as well, but the baking bars are best.
- If you do not have ramekins you can use a cupcake/muffin tin as well, large or small. If you use the normal sized you will end up with more lava cakes.
- Make sure everything is mixed in well before baking.
- Take out of the oven when the center is still a little jiggly, if you stick a toothpick in about 1/2" from the side and it comes out clean it means it is done.
Calories: 586kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 242mg | Sodium: 242mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 972IU | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3mg