Love delicious creamy and citrusy desserts? You need to whip up this Lemon Cheesecake! Easy, tasty and absolutely addicting.
- 2 cups graham crackers crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 8 oz pkgs cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 1 cup sour cream
- Lemon curd for topping
- Sour cream for topping
Preheat oven to 325.
Mix together your crust ingredients (graham crackers, sugar and butter) and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" springform pan and then set in refrigerator.
In bowl of a stand mixer add your cream cheese and beat until smooth and lumps are gone then add in your sugar slowly until combined.
Next add in your eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. This ensures that they are fully incorporated evenly.
Then add in your vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and sour cream just mixing until combined.
Wrap pan in heavy duty tin-foil and pour into your prepared crust and place in large roasting dish and fill dish about half way up your springform pan with hot water (the water bath helps the cheesecake from not cracking).
Reduce oven heat to 300 and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes then turn off heat and leave in oven for another hour until center is set.
Remove from oven and place on counter to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for an additional 8 hours.
Once chilled top with lemon curd and whipped cream if desired.
- Lemon curd and whipped topping are not included in nutritional value.
- Adding in eggs one at a time ensures that will be evenly distributed.
- Beat your cream cheese really well before adding in any other ingredients. This helps get the lumps out.
- Scrape down the sides or your bowl periodically when mixing, this will also help with keeping lumps out of your cheesecake.
- DO NOT SKIP the water bath! If you cannot find a pan large enough to fit your springform pan in, place a pan filled with water on the rack underneath your cheesecake instead.
- Make sure to let pan cool in oven after cheesecake is done baking, this is an essential part of the cooking step.
- Want the perfect cut slice of cheesecake? Warm up a knife with hot water, wipe off and then slice cheesecake.
- Use store bought or homemade lemon curd or use none at all.
- Hate crushing your own graham cracker crumbs, we cheat and use these!
Calories: 439kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 345mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 979IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1mg