Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
With only 5 ingredients these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are a quick, easy and tasty appetizer recipe that you can serve any time of the year.
Servings: 20 poppers
- 10 jalapeños
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 10 slices bacon cut in half
Slice your jalapeños in half lengthwise and the scoop out the seeds and membrane and discard, set aside.
In a bowl add your cream cheese, seasoning salt and shredded cheese.
Mix your cream cheese mixture together until well combined.
Spread evenly into your jalapeños until all cream cheese is used up, it is okay if you have some left.
Grab about 10 slices of bacon and slice in half on a cutting board and separate.
Wrap each jalapeño with a half slice of bacon, stretching your bacon some and start wrapping with one end on bottom ending with other end on bottom.
Place on foil lined baking sheet and bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- We used larger jalapeños about 3-4 inches in length, so the filling amount fit 10 whole jalapeños perfectly, if you are using smaller jalapeños then either use more or make half the filling.
- One thing we do to make the bacon go farther is stretch it slightly before wrapping around the jalapeño itself.
- Use thinner cut bacon, do not use thick cut, you can but if you do, you will need to add extra cooking time to make sure the bacon is fully cooked.
- You can cook and crumble bacon and add it to the filling mixture instead of wrapping the bacon around the outside.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 136IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg