When it comes to holiday pies, this Cranberry Pie is one you will want to make. Easy, minimal ingredients makes this pie delicious and addicting.
Servings: 8 slices
- 1 9 " deep dish pie crust baked according to pkg
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 3 oz pkg raspberry jello
In saucepan over medium heat whisk together water, orange juice, orange zest and sugar until combined.
A little at a time add in your cornstarch and whisk in until combined.
Add in your cranberries and stir together.
Heat over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until berries burst, smashing with your spoon/spatula until thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in your jello until dissolved.
Pour into pre-baked pie crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours until set.
- Use fresh cranberries, frozen will carry too much water in them and won't let this pie set up right.
- You can switch out your jello for others if you'd like, we like the pairing of raspberry for this particular recipe.
- Let this pie set for at least 4 hours, we make our's the day before and refrigerate overnight.
- You can add mix-ins such as chopped pecans if you'd like or some small cut up mandarin oranges for a little more texture.
- Make sure when you are simmering your berries to press down to help them burst, regardless if you do get whole berries they will be softened and not hard if you don't get them smashed.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 54IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg