Chicken Rice Soup
If you want an easy and minimal ingredient soup that is flavorful, tasty and filling this Chicken Rice Soup is just the comfort dish that you need.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 8 cups Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot or dutch oven (at least 5 qt), heat oil and add garlic. Cook on medium heat until garlic is fragrant.
Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook just until vegetables begin to soften, then add thyme and sage. Stir to combine.
Add the chicken and rice, stir to combine and then add the chicken broth, stir again.
Simmer on medium heat for about 30 minutes until rice is tender.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- An easy way to shred chicken is to place it in a stand mixer or a bowl with a hand mixer and beat it until it shreds.
- You can also use chunks of chicken instead of shredded for this recipe.
- Brown rice can be substituted for white rice, and will also freeze easier as it is more stable.
- Switch up your vegetables to your liking for this recipe, nothing is off limits.
- Shredded rotisserie chicken can also be used in a pinch.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 1831mg | Potassium: 596mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3640IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg