Easy and literally bursting with flavor this Cranberry Chicken is a quick weeknight meal that is ready in under 30 minutes and feeds the whole family.
Servings: 5 people
- 5-6 thin cut trimmed boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- Fresh sprigs of thyme or rosemary
In shallow bowl or plate whisk together your flour and pepper and dredge your chicken coating both sides and set aside on plate.
In large pan melt your butter and add your chicken and lightly brown on each side, remove from pan and set aside.
In same pan add water, cranberries, brown sugar, nutmeg and red wine vinegar and cook over medium heat until cranberries burst.
Add your chicken back to pan and cover and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, coating your chicken with sauce and slightly pressing your cranberries down to smash throughout cooking until sauce is reduced and chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees F.
Garnish chicken with thyme or rosemary and additional salt and pepper to your liking.
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home
- You can use trimmed thin cut chicken breasts or split your own chicken breasts into halves.
- You can use fresh or frozen cranberries.
- The red win vinegar is optional but gives it a nice little offset to the sweetness of this recipe.
- This can be served alone or over white rice (as we traditionally serve it).
- Garnish with any herb you's like we like the flavor of thyme with this recipe, rosemary is also delicious.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 478mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 256IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg