Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
Simple and comforting ingredients help this Chicken Wild Rice Casserole bake up into the perfect weeknight dinner. Creamy, tasty and easy!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 6 oz Uncle Bens Long Grain and Wild Rice Original
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups coooked and cubed chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350, grease an 8"x8" or 9"x9" pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
Cook your rice according to package direction.
In large bowl combine all your ingredients and mix well.
Spread into prepared baking dish and bake for 1 hour until bubly and golden.
- We use Uncle Bens Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix, but you can substitute just wild rice for this recipe (read above for amounts).
- If you want more tender veggies in this recipe, saute them a little ahead of time before adding them to your mixture.
- You can add other vegetables or spice to this recipe to suit your flavor profile, this is an easy creamy base recipe.
- This is perfect for using leftover turkey.
- You can top with additional shredded cheese before serving, the last 5 minutes add some to the top until melted.
Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 564mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 692IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 2mg