Apple Spice Piecaken
Want an easy, minimal ingredient show stopping dessert? This Apple Spice Piecaken is a moist spice caked stuffed with a full apple pie, perfect for the holiday season.
Servings: 10 slices
- 1 box spice cake
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup butter melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 9 or 10" apple pie bakery or fresh baked and cooled
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbs butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350.
Spray a 10" springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In large bowl mix together cake mix, milk, butter and eggs until combined.
Spread half of your cake mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
Place pie facedown into pan so the bottom of the pie points up.
Spread remaining cake batter on top of pie and spread out covering the whole thing.
Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes covering with tinfoil after about 45 minutes if it is browning too fast, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool.
To make frosting in bowl add your cream cheese and butter and beat until smooth.
Add in your powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until until smooth.
Spread over the top of cooled cake.
- Make sure your pie is chilled before placing it in the cake batter, this helps keep it together so it doesn't fall apart when placing it in.
- Place the pie top side down, you will be flipping this cake over after baking so the pie will appear top up when serving.
- Cooking times vary, usually it takes 60 minutes, but check with toothpick for doneness before removing from oven.
- Fully cool your cake before frosting and serving, we stick ours in the refrigerator to help cool quickly.
Calories: 535kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 571mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 817IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 3mg