Chicken Fried Chicken
Easy and delicious this Chicken Fried Chicken is a quick and flavorful dinnertime recipe that brings the whole family to the table, with minimal ingredients it's a simple and comforting meal.
- 6-8 thin sliced chicken breasts
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs hot sauce
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup reserved oil from frying
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cup milk
- Salt & pepper
Heat oil in deep fryer or large pan on stove (a few inches deep) to 325.
In large bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
In another bowl whisk together buttermilk, egg and hot sauce.
Dredge your chicken in the flour mixture then dip into the egg mixture than back into the flour mixture making sure to press down flour to get stuck on the steak real good.
Place chicken in pan/deep fryer and fry on each side 3-5 minutes until golden brown, remove and drain on paper towel lined plate, repeat with all chicken.
To make your gravy, in large pan add 1/4" of oil from cooking and heat on medium-high, stir in your flour until absorbed and cook for about 1 minute.
Slowly add in your milk whisking to blend and heat until thickened then stir in salt and pepper to desired taste.
Pour gravy over individual chicken before serving.
- You can use a regular deep fryer to make this instead of in a skillet.
- If you don't want to use frying oil to make gravy, substitute butter or bacon grease.
- We use the thin cut chicken you can buy at the store, but you can use a regular chicken breast and slice it in half.
- Add more or less seasoning to the flour and gravy to your liking.
Calories: 490kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 869mg | Potassium: 809mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 304IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 235mg | Iron: 3mg