Quick and easy to whip up with minimal ingredients, this Beer Bread is buttery, sweet and absolutely flavorful. One of those recipes you must keep on hand!
Servings: 8 slices
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz beer
- 2 Tbs honey warmed
- 3 Tbs butter melted
Preheat oven to 350.
Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
In bowl whisk together your flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
Add in your beer and honey and gently stir together until just combined.
Spread in prepared baking pan and bake in oven for 40 minutes, then remove and brush with melted butter.
Return to oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until golden and center is set.
- Do not overtax the batter, it will be come tough and chewy, and that is not the texture that you want.
- The honey adds a little extra sweetness to this recipe and is highly encouraged to use, but recipe will work without it, we also like to drizzle our slices with a little extra honey for sweetness.
- Brushing on the butter is optional, but highly encouraged, it helps the butter soak into the top giving the crust a nice flavor and help it brown.
- Add in desired mix in's as stated above, cheese, jalapeños, peppers, herbs, etc.
- Check the center with a toothpick for doneness, sometimes quick breads don't like to completely bake in the middle, so always check this before removing entirely.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 133IU | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg