Slow Cooker Meatloaf
When it comes to easy, flavorful and delicious, this Slow Cooker Meatloaf is it. With a delicious tangy sweet glaze, set it and forget it for the perfect weeknight meal.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp parsley
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp worchestershire sauce
In large bowl add your ground beef, onion, eggs, breadcrumbs, garlic, milk, italian seasoning, parsley, salt, pepper and ketchup.
Mix together gently with your hands or a wooden spoon until it just comes together.
Line a crockpot with tinfoil and place your meat mixture into pot and shape into a loaf.
Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
Drain off any grease, then remove meatloaf with tinfol and place on baking sheet.
In small bowk whisk together ketchup, brown sugar and worchestershire sauce until combined, slather over whole meatloaf (you may have some leftover, use this for dipping).
Place in oven and broil for a few minutes until bubbly and baked on slightly.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.
- Use at least 80/20 or 85/15 fat ground beef, anything with a higher fat ratio will produce more grease and have your meatloaf shrink.
- You can mix up your meats and use turkey, a combo of ground beef and pork or italian sausage.
- Gently combine the mixture together, you don't want to over mix your meat or it will become chewy and tough.
- Drain any grease off of your meatloaf before removing the tinfoil from the pan, there will be grease regardless, but draining it will be easier for you to place on the baking sheet.
- Lather it up with the sauce, don't be shy, you may even have some leftover which we use to dunk our bites into.
Calories: 648kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 649mg | Potassium: 692mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 317IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 5mg