Want a delicious and easy weeknight dinner that uses minimal ingredient and the family loves? This Hamburger Casserole is a family favorite that has minimal ingredients and can be prepared ahead of time to pop in the oven.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 lb potatoes, peeled and sliced to 1/4" thickness
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10.5 oz can water
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350.
In saute pan, add your onions and ground beef and cook until beef is no longer pink and onions are translucient, drain.
Add your ground beef mixture to bottom of a 9"x13" pan and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
Layer your sliced potatoes on top of your ground beef mixture, again sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spread your corn over the top of your potato mixture and spread around evenly.
In bowl whisk together your soup and water and pour over entire casserole, sprinkle with a little bit more salt and pepper and cover and bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
Let cool slightly before serving.
- Use at least 80/20 ground beef, even after cooking and draining, heating in the oven will emit more grease in the pan, you can dump this off, but we are used to a little liquid at the bottom of the dish.
- Use fresh, frozen or canned corn. If frozen, defrost before cooking.
- You can add more vegetables as you like, my one son isn't a fan of corn, so we sometimes swap it out for green beans, or do a mixture of mixed vegetables as well.
- You can use milk instead of the water in the soup recipe, my mom always has used water, but we have used milk as well.
- Check your potatoes for doneness before pulling from the oven to make sure each layer is done.
- For a little extra kick, add a layer of cheese to the top before baking! Who doesn't love cheese anyways!
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 832mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 211IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 6mg