Vegetable Beef Soup
When it comes to comfort this Vegetable Beef Soup is where it's at. With a short list of ingredients this easy soup is delicious, hearty and satisfies the family!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 10.5 oz can condesend tomato soup
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 medium potatoes any variety, we use russet
In large pot or dutch oven add your ground beef, onion and garlic and cook until meat is no longer pink and onions are translucient.
Add your salt and pepper and mix to combine.
Mix in your beef broth, tomatos, tomato soup, worcestershire sauce, italian seasoning, vegetables and potatoes.
Bring to a boil the reduce heat, cover and simmer for abotu 30 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Petite diced tomatoes or regular diced tomatoes both work for this recipe depending on how small you like your tomatoes in the soup.
- Use any type of potatoes you like, we regularly use russet for this recipe.
- Fresh vegetables can be used instead of frozen, a mixture equaling about 1 lb, but would increase the cooking time slightly to make sure they are cooked through.
- Substitute the Worcestershire sauce for balsamic vinegar, we love the little tang that it gives the recipe and have done this multiple times.
- You can also stir in some cooked macaroni noodles to make this a Beefy Vegetable Noodle Soup!
- This recipe can be frozen, see my tips above.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 915mg | Potassium: 1270mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4196IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 6mg