With only 6 ingredients this Strawberry Cobbler is a delicious old-fashioned recipe that is bursting with flavor. The fresh strawberries add delicious depth and sweetness to this seriously simple dessert recipe!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 1/4 cup sugar divided
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups strawberries diced
Preheat oven to 350.
Spray an 11"x8" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
In bowl whisk together 1 cup sugar and flour.
Add in milk and whisk until almost smooth.
Pour in melted butter and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
Pour into prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle with strawberries then top with remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
Bake in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden.
Remove and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Generally we use a 11"x8" baking dish for this recipe, but you can also use an 8"x8" or a 9"x9" as well.
- You can swap our your fruit evenly, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, etc all make great cobbler options.
- When swapping out fruit DO NOT use canned fruit, fresh or frozen (thawed) should only be used, otherwise you will end up with a gooey mess.
- To use all-purpose flour mix together 1 cup all-purpose flour with 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Always top your cobbler ;) usually with ice cream or whipped cream are best!
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 540IU | Vitamin C: 28.2mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 0.4mg