Ground Beef Enchiladas
Easy, cheesy and saucy these Ground Beef Enchiladas are a quick and effortless dinnertime recipe that has minimal ingredients and whips up in a flash!
Servings: 8 enchiladas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 Tbs taco seasoning
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 8 8" tortillas
- 1 1/2-2 cups enchilada sauce
- Cilantro optional
Preheat oven to 350.
Add 1/2 cup of your enchilada sauce into bottom of 9"x13" baking dish and set aside.
In saute pan brown your ground beef until no longer pink then drain.
Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, green chiles and taco seasoning and stir until cheese is melted and everything is combined.
Spread about 1/4 cup of your beef mixture down the center of your tortillas and then sprinkle with about 1 Tbs more of your cheese.
Roll up tightly and place in prepared pan, repeat with remaining tortillas.
Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top of your enchiladas then sprinkle with cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake in oven for about 30 minutes, remove your tin foil and let bake an additional 5-10 minutes until bubbly.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro.
Serve with any additional toppings you desire.
- To Freeze: Prepare as directed, place plastic wrap over enchiladas and press down then cover with foil. Place in freezer for up to 3 months.
- We use flour tortillas 8" in diameter, you can use corn and even smaller tortillas if desired.
- Additional toppings include pico de Gallo, sour cream, cilantro, olives, etc.
- Turkey can be replaced for ground beef.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 651mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 1.6mg