Done in under 20 minutes these Chicken Taquitos are a quick and easy dinnertime, snack time or anytime treat that are a little spicy, cheesy and absolutely delicious.
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 9-10 taco sized tortillas
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
In medium-sized bowl, mix together the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and cheese.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spread filling onto tortillas and roll up, set aside.
In skillet heat enough oil to cover bottom over medium-high heat.
Place about 4 taquitos into skillet, let fry for about 1-2 minutes per side or until golden.
Repeat with remaining taquitos until all golden.
Service with desired dipping sauces and enjoy!
- You can use rotisserie chicken if you'd like for this recipe
- Substitute the salsa with a can of rotel.
- Use any type of tortilla that you like, flour, corn, white corn, etc.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 467IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 2mg