Easy Cheddar Bread
Love quick breads that are easy and use pantry ingredients? This Easy Cheddar bread is tasty, filling and super simple. The perfect bread recipe!
Servings: 10 slices
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Scant 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
Pre-heat oven to 350.
Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl mix together your flour baking powder, salt and pepper.
Stir in your cheese to distribute evenly.
In separate bowl stir together your milk, butter, egg and sour cream.
Gently stir this mixture into your flour/cheese mix.
Be careful not to overmix or bread will get chewy. Scoop into prepared pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden and knife comes out clean.
Cool and serve!
- Do not over mix the batter, this will cause the bread to be tough.
- Use any type of cheddar you like, we usually use milk cheddar, but sharp or medium work well.
- As referenced above you can add some mix-ins if you like, it is a perfect basic recipe to doctor up to what you like.
- You can make this all in one bowl if you'd like, but we like to mix the wet ingredients separately just to ensure that they are properly divided.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 438mg | Potassium: 254mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 512IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 277mg | Iron: 2mg