Beer Battered Onion Rings
Crispy, golden and absolutely easy these Beer Battered Onion rings are the perfect appetizer or side dish to your dinnertime meal! Quick, tasty and crunchy!
- 6 oz beer
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 large onions sliced in rings and separated
- 1/2 cup flour
- Oil for frying
Pre-heat oil to 350.
In medium bowl whisk together your egg and beer.
In another bowl combine your baking powder, flour and salt, pepper and onion powder.
Slowly whisk in your beer mix, making sure to get all lumps out.
Place your 1/2 cup of extra flour in shallow bowl.
Dredge onions in flour, dip in batter then fry in oil until golden. Repeat in batches until all are done.
Serve with favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!
- Slice your onion rings as thick or thin as you like, the thicker the bigger and longer they need to cook, the thinner they will turn out more like shoe strings.
- You can use any beer (notated above) that you like depending on how much of a flavor and type of beer flavor that you want coming through.
- If you want a little kick to your onion rings, add a few squirts of hot sauce to your batter mix.
- Try to eat these right out of the fryer otherwise they will go soggy.
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg