Beer Can Burgers
If you are a fan of burgers then you need to think outside the box with these delicious and easy Beer Can Burgers. Full of flavor, filling and addicting.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 (4 ocan sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 Tbs butter
- 4 slices provolone cheese or cheese of your liking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Hamburger buns
Pre-heat oven to 350. In bowl, mix your ground beef with your favorite spices.
Take a little less than half your mixture and flatten out into a circle.
Place a beer can in center of your circle and shape hamburger up sides of can.
Repeat with about the same amount of ground beef.
Take slices of bacon and wrap around each patty.
Meanwhile, in saute pan place your mushrooms and onions and butter and saute until tender.
Take one piece of provolone cheese and tear to fit in bottom of hamburger patty, repeat with other patty.
Top each burger with equarl portions of your onon and mushroom mixture.
Top with remaining 2 slices of cheese (you can choose to add this farther along in baking process if you'd like, we liked the browned cheese).
Place patties on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper bake for about 20 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temperature is 160 degrees F.
- You do not have to use the full pound of ground beef, we usually have some leftover that we fry up for other uses.
- Use any type of cheese that will complement the filling.
- You can switch up the filling to anything that you like.
- You CAN grill these, just do not flip and make sure that the burger is done to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- You can make them smaller or double the recipe to serve more people.
Calories: 1096kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 83g | Saturated Fat: 38g | Cholesterol: 248mg | Sodium: 1002mg | Potassium: 843mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 867IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 420mg | Iron: 6mg