Love easy, delicious and healthy breakfast recipes? This Vegetable Frittata is loaded with fresh vegetables, cheese and eggs. Simple, tasty and filling.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 8 slices
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 6-8 oz spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In pan add oil and onions and cook for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
Add your your bell pepper.
Cook until bell pepper is just softened, about another 3 minutes.
Add in your spinach and cook until just wilted, set aside.
In bowl add in your eggs, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper.
Whisk until everything is combined well.
Next add in your onions, peppers, spinach and sliced cherry or grape tomatoes.
Fold together until combined.
Pour into a greased 9" pan or pie plate (we used a cast iron skillet) top with remaining cheese and bake in oven for about 30-40 minutes until center is set.
- You can use any vegetables that you think go well together, you don't have to feel stuck with just one.
- We use milk in this recipe but you can also use heavy cream or half and half for a richer taste.
- Cheese can be left out if you do not want cheese in this recipe, or can be swapped out for any other type of cheese of your liking.
- We like to cook this in our cast iron skillet as we feel that it promotes even cooking.
- This can be frozen, check the instructions above on how to do so.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 322mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2518IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 2mg