The Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Love easy, flavorful and nostalgic? Then you will want to whip up The Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich around. Minimal ingredients given this sandwich loads of flavor. Cheesy, buttery and absolutely delicious.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 sandwiches
- 1/4 cup butter very soft
- 1/2 tsp Parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 slices sourdough bread cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup Gouda cheese freshly shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese freshly shredded
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese freshly shredded
In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic powder, parsley and salt. Set aside
Slice bread into ½ inch thick slices
Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Flip the bread over and layer a handful of the gouda, Monterey jack, and cheddar on two slices of bread.
Top each sandwich with the remaining 2 pieces of bread.
Heat a skillet on medium heat. Place sandwiches in skillet and cover with a lid. Cook for about 5 minutes until bottoms are golden.
Flip sandwiches over, cover and cook another 3-4 minutes until golden on both sides and sandwiches are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Use a sturdy bread such as sourdough, ciabatta, etc. Something that won't get soggy easily and will hold its shape.
- Use freshly shredded cheese, not only does this help melt better, it melts quicker and blends with other cheeses better.
- Switch up your cheeses to your preference, the three we have in this recipe is just our favorite combination that we have been loving over the years.
- I highly encourage using the herb butter on the outside, it really gives it the added flavor.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on how many people you are feeding.
Calories: 1367kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 68g | Fat: 88g | Saturated Fat: 55g | Cholesterol: 283mg | Sodium: 2324mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2267IU | Calcium: 1585mg | Iron: 6mg