Creamy, flavorful, easy and delicious this Peppermint Cheesecake is the perfect holiday recipe that you'll want on your dessert table year after year.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Chilling Time:10 hrs
Servings: 10 slices
- 2 cups chocolate graham crackers crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 8 oz pkgs cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
Preheat oven to 350. In bowl add your graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter and mix until combined.
Line a 9” springform pan with parchment paper, spray with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
In bowl of stand mixer add your cream cheese and beat well until smooth and creamy and no lumps remain.
Add in your sugar and beat again until combined.
Next add in your eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Then add in your vanilla extract, peppermint extract and sour cream and beat again until everything is smooth and combined.
Measure out about 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (more or less depending on your preference) and add it to your cheesecake mixture.
Fold your crushed candy canes until evenly combined, this will also turn your cheesecake a nice pink color, you can add in some red food coloring if you want it darker.
Wrap your springform pan in heavy duty tinfoil, place in a large baking dish and fill with about 1" of water.
Decrease your oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake your cheesecake for 1 1/2 hours, turn off heat and keep in oven for another hour.
Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Decorate with whipped topping, white chocolate shavings and crushed candy canes if desired.
- Adding in eggs one by one ensures that they are evenly distributed.
- Make sure your cream cheese is beaten really well before adding any other ingredients.
- Make sure you scrape down the sides when mixing, this will also help with keeping lumps out of your cheesecake.
- DO NOT SKIP the water bath! If you cannot find a pan large enough to fit your springform pan in, place a pan filled with water on the rack underneath your cheesecake instead.
- Let your cheesecake cool in the oven for the hour after turning off the heat and then make sure to cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
- Want the perfect cut slice of cheesecake? Warm up a knife with hot water, wipe off and then slice cheesecake.
- We buy prepackaged crushed candy canes to use in this recipe.
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 527IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg