Spiralized zucchini pairs with a spicy and sweet peanut sauce to create these Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles giving you a healthier, flavorful option.
Can you believe that the new year is coming in about 3 weeks? I can’t believe that it is getting so close now. I’ve never really been the one to make any type of resolutions but this year I think that may chance. I don’t want to make any big changes or anything that is unrealistic.
So this year I think that I’m going to resolute to just spiralize more things. I know it sounds like dumb resolution but in all reality it will get me eating more veggies and that is absolutely something that will benefit me in the long run. It will not replace my pasta one bit, but it will give me a healthier option if I choose to do so.
So we ended up buying a spiralizer at Walmart on Black Friday for a really good price. It was actually my husbands idea after I told him that we could make curly fries with it….I didn’t need to say one more word and he had it in our cart.
We still have yet to actually make curly fries with it, hopefully that will be a post to come soon. As for what I have spiralized, zucchini had been my favorite by far! In my opinion it mimics noodles really well and it had a really mild flavor that I love.
I’m really big into ethnic foods so I knew I had to make Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles…or zoodles as people like to call them. If you’ve never tried Thai Peanut Sauce, it’s seriously so good. I love Peanut Chicken and these noodles are almost the same flavor.
Despite being a healthier option to regular pasta, in my fashion this is a quick and easy recipe. In all honesty spiralizer probably takes you the longest and that was MAYBE 5 minutes, seriously.
Then all you do is toss the noodles into a wok or sauté pan and sauté them for a few minutes or until tender. You mix up your sauce while the zoodles are in the pot and you can either decide to add the sauce to the pot and toss for a creamier version or add the zoodles to a bowl and let cool then stir in your sauce for a thicker version.
Top it all off with some peanuts and sesame seeds and you have yourself a quick, easy, healthy meal that won’t only taste good but be good for you. You can add some more veggies if desired but I didn’t as I like mine plain.
Spiralized zucchini noodles are combined with a sweet and spicy Thai peanut sauce.
- 3-4 small/medium zucchini spiralized
- 1/2 cup peanut butter warmed until slighly soft
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger zested
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- Sesame seeds
- In wok or large saute pan add your spiralized zucchini and head on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender, drain off water, reduce heat to low.
- In bowl mix together your peanut butter, soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil and honey and whisk until smooth.
- You can either pour the sauce directly into wok with zucchini for a creamy sauce or remove zucchini from pan to serving dish and let cool then add your sauce for a thicker version.
- Once sauce is added toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and peanuts if desired.