These Sweet Potato Bourbon Mini Bundt Cakes are handheld and topped with maple buttercream and butter pecan topping. A perfect Holiday dessert!
So I’ve been lacking on Holiday posts this past year! It’s been horrible! I’m trying to get better at posts that fit well with the holidays and I think I have started to get in the groove of things this time! As bloggers obviously we have to be ahead of the game and put out our holiday content like a month before the actual day! Crazy right?!?!
Well I think I have come to a compromise and I will celebrate holiday’s twice! A month before each and on the day. I think I can handle that! Besides, who doesn’t want more holiday’s in their life? I know I love the food and it’s some of the best of the year. Simply because people literally go all out for them. All the big guns start coming out and people literally FEAST!
Anyways, enough of my blogger/holiday dilemmas ok? How about I just tell you about these delicious Sweet Potato Bourbon Mini Bundt Cakes! Yes, sweet potato! You like pumpkin right? Well this is pretty much the same thing, except not pumpkin….Plus it’s topped with a sweet maple buttercream and drizzled with a butter pecan glaze. YUMMY!
I love handheld desserts and prefer them when I can, it’s just my excuse to be able to eat more. I know that’s a horrible way of thinking, but it makes me feel a little better about my consumption of all the sweetness. I probably could just settle for one, but what fun would that be really?
If you don’t have yourself a mini bundt pan, go get one. I got mine at Burlington Coat Factory for literally $4.00. How much of a steal is that?!?! But if you really want to make these and don’t happen to own one, cupcake pans will do just as well. That’s pretty much what these are anyways, just in a cool funky pattern.
These bad boys are a perfect Thanksgiving dessert if you want to add some options to your traditional Pumpkin Pie spread. This recipe makes a bunch and I’m almost certain that they will go over well with a crowd if people enjoy the flavors of the season!
I love baking with alcohol, it really gives a new depth of flavor to your sweets. Usually I whip out the bourbon this time of year and put it in all the things. If you’ve never given bourbon salted caramel a chance, I suggest you do. Or how about chocolate and beer? Yup, I have a recipe for Chocolate Stout Pub Cupcakes that might just wet your whistle.
If you’re looking for a delicious show stopper for your next holiday feast, these Sweet Potato Bourbon Mini Bundt Cakes are right up your alley! They are fun, flavorful and the perfect handheld size for everyone to enjoy!
Sweet Potato Bourbon Mini Bundt Cakes
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup salted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp maple extract
- 1-2 Tbs heavy cream
BUTTER PECAN GLAZE
- 6 Tbs butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In large bowl mix together your flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice, set aside
- In another bowl with hand mixer beat together our brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy, add in your eggs one at a time.
- Mix in your vanilla and sweet potatoes and mix well until combined.
- Alternation in 3 separate additions add 1/3 of your flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix well. Add in your milk, mix well and repeat until flour and milk are combined then add in your bourbon until incorporated.
- Spray a mini bundt cake pan with non-stick cooking spray and fill about 3/4 the way full with batter and bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes before turning out onto cooling racks, repeat with remaining batter.
- Meanwhile to make buttercream in large bowl beat your butter until light and fluffy, adding 1 cup at a time add in your powdered sugar.
- Mix in your maple extract and heavy cream if desired for consistency.
- Add your buttercream to piping bag fitted with large open start tip, pipe onto tops of cooled cupcakes, place in freezer while you make your butter pecan glaze.
- To make glaze add butter, salt and sugar into medium sauce pan and heat on medium heat until melted and sugar is dissolved, Stir in your heavy cream and continue to heat and stir constantly until thickend slightly, stir in your chopped pecans.
- Remove your mini bundt cakes from freezer and drizzle with butter pecan sauce, place back in refrigerator or freezer to quickly cool sauce if desired.