A delicious creamy Spinach Dip stuffed inside of crispy french bread make this Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread a perfect appetizer for any party!
So like I’ve told you all before, we love hosting game nights. Well obviously since I love to cook, I usually whip up a bunch of appetizers to keep everyone satisfied all night. Well since the weather has finally turned, game night has turned into bon fires. This nice weather makes me think of summer and when I think of summer I think of my favorite dip, Spinach Dip. Well how about we take it a step further? I give you Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread.
When I first saw this recipe over at Carlsbad Cravings I fell in love. It looked so creamy and delicious that I knew that I had to make it. We love stuffed french bread to begin with. Stuff it with one of my all time favorite dips and this gal is sold!! You’d be surprised at how quickly and easily this bad boy comes together! We love fast recipes don’t we!
This is chalked full of creamy spinach, onions, peppers and a multitude of cheeses. Cheese get’s me every time. We are a big family full of cheese lovers. You tell my husband it has cheese in it and he’s sold, say no more. This went over so well at our bon fire that my friends could barely wait for me to post the recipe! Well here it is, Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 (12 oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs pesto
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened and chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded montery jack cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice top portion of your French bread to creat a "bread boat" and set aside.
- Heat yourolive oil over medium high heat and onions and saute until soft then add red bell pepper and garlic and saute for a minute longer.
- Stir in your spinach, pesto, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, pepper and mayonnaise until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Once melted stir in sour cream, parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and montery jack cheese until combined.
- Spoon spinach dip into your French bread and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on a baking tray at 350 for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden.
- Slice and serve.