This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FeedYourFoodie #CollectiveBias
With the help of LEAN CUISINE® these Spicy Sweet Potato Cakes make the perfect side dish that is quick to prepare, flavorful and a great short on time option!
You guy’s know that I’m a busy mom. I have 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl and a husband who are all on the go. We have school, work, sports, after school activities, games and friends. It’s hard to keep up with it all in this day to day thing we call life. But we manage! Fast fix meals are something I thrive and survive on, especially when it’s our “busy season”. I think a few of you know EXACTLY what I mean. And sometimes I just need to switch up my menu.
LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE has some amazing new meals that are limited time only! Since college I have absolutely lived off of LEAN CUISINE® and being a busy mom, it’s something that I can just throw in the microwave to give me some much needed sustenance that is flavorful and protein-packed!
These absolutely deliver in the department of flavor! The new options that they rolled out are LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE Cheese & Fire-Roasted Chile Tamale, LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE Chicken Tikka Masala and LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE Southwest – Style Potato Bake! I inhaled each and everyone of them – and I’m not lying.
I decided that I needed something that paired well as a side dish so I made some equally quick and easy Spicy Sweet Corn Cakes! These delicious little things whip up in minutes! They are full of masa harina, flour, diced jalapeno, red chili peppers and sweet corn. Tell me that doesn’t sound amazing.
The Spicy Sweet Corn Cakes pair very nicely with each of these meals, especially with the LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE Southwest – Style Potato Bake which has diced red potatoes in a spicy cheddar cheese sauce with poblano peppers. Seriously…
Not only are these meals delicious they have organic, non-GMO and gluten free options which help a lot of people out who are on a specific regemin that they have to follow. They have so many different options that there is bound to be something to find for whatevever your food mood!
Now I think that is one hearty meal that you wont want to pass up. When you’re short on time and looking for something wholesome, flavor packed and just down right good, LEAN CUISINE® has you covered.
You can find these new LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE meals in the freezer section at your local Walmart! And don’t forget to check out LEAN CUISINE® on their social media platforms:
What is you new LEAN CUISINE® MARKETPLACE limited edition flavor that you can’t wait to try?
Spicy Sweet Corn Cakes
- 1 1/2 cup masa harina
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 15 oz can sweet corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 red chili diced
- 1 cup warm water
- Oil for frying
- Mix together your masa harina, four, bakind powder, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Stir in cheese, corn and peppers until combined
- Slowly mix in your water until it just comes together.
- Grab about 1/3 cup of your mixture and shape into a patty about 1/4" thick, place on plate and repeat with remaining mix.
- In skillet heat about 1/4 cup oil, on medium until hot.
- Add about 2-4 patties to pan (depending on size of pan) and fry on each side about 1-2 minutes or until golden, flip and repeat. Repeat with all remaining patties, adding more oil to pan if it gets low.
- Remove patties to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve with sour cream or taco sauce.