Creamy and spicy with a little bit of crunch this Southwest Chicken Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for your next get together!
So I first made this salad this past Summer on a whim. I love salads that are filled with things, and I was kinda feeling like I wanted something with a little bit of kick behind it and I seen that I had some chipotle ranch in my fridge so the vision of southwest cam about.
We have a lot of bonfires at our home during the spring, summer and fall. When winter hits it turns into game night, I made this a few weeks ago for our game night because it was such a hit back this summer! Guess what I forgot to do!! I forgot to serve it at our game nigh! Ugh, rookie move right!
So the husband, kids and I got to enjoy this salad as our side dish a few nights for dinner. But I wasn’t going to complain, we love the stuff so you really didn’t need to twist my arm to add it to our meal one bit! My husband it a little more hesitant when it comes to those types of things because he is a “leftover hater”. Seriously?
So this has all the flavors in it that I love when I think of southwest meals! It has tomatoes, green onions, corn, black beans, chicken, pasta, a spicy sauce, cilantro and last but not least, tortilla strips! Seriously, I love the addition of the crunchy texture to this otherwise creamy pasta! Gives the salad some depth!
So if you’re looking for a fun, tasty side dish for your next get together I can’t recommend this Southwest Chicken Pasta Salad any more highly. Once you try it you’ll see why!
Southwest Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 box cavatappi pasta or your favorite kind
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 1/2 (15 ocan black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 (15 ocan corn drained
- 1 cup diced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Montery Jack cheese
- 1 bottle Chipotle Ranch dressing
- 1 oz bag tortilla strips 4.5
- Cook pasts according to package directions, drain and rice under cold water, place in large serving bowl.
- To bowl add your chicken breasts, black beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, cheese and dressing and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or until chilled.
- Before serving stir in your bag of tortilla strips.