Creamy, meaty and cheesy this One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta is a quick dinnertime meal ready in less than 30 minutes!
Ever since I came across the concept of one pot meals I have been in love. It has saved me so much time and so many dishes that it is amazing. Anything that can be done in one pan and doesn’t have to be made in the crockpot will always catch my eye!
My husband is a lover of ALL things pasta. Seriously, if we go to any restaurant that is not fast food he will order pasta. Don’t even try to get him to stray from that otherwise he will continuously tell you “I like what I like.” Ugh this man! I’m sure I’m not the only woman who has ever had to utter those words. Thank goodness I’m a lover of pasta as well. Especially when its smothered in melty cheese. Cheese is the answer to all things and will always make me happy.
We make this dish at least once a month, one of those beloved regulars. You can make this dish spicy or tame it down a notch if you’re not a person who particularly likes the heat (Ahem, my husband.) I like the little kick of heat, but you can always swap out the rotel tomatoes with just regular petite diced. As well as swapping out the smoked sausage with andouille if you want it even spicier!
One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 lb smoked sausage sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 Tbs garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ocan Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz uncooked pasta
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Dried parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add diced onions, sausage and garlic and cook, stirring frequently until sausage is browned.
- Stir in chicken broth, milk, tomatoes and pasta, season with your salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer until pasta is cooked through. About 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with parsley flakes for garnish.