When I think of family traditions pasta and Ragu come to mind right away. My husband and myself absolutely adore pasta and it is a tradition for us to have it at least once a week for good measure. We usually like to switch it up and try some new things and that is something that we have chosen as a resolution this year, branching out and trying new flavors. This past week I mixed something new and old together. I decided to merge Italian Baked Eggs and Baked Penne to come up with this amazing Italian Baked Egg Penne.
This stuff is so rich and flavorful and it’s all thanks to Ragu’s Sauteed Onion & Mushroom blend! Not a fan of onions or mushrooms? Check out all these other sauces from Ragu. With the variety that they offer there is no going wrong on your meal! This sauce is just one of the many that we keep stocked at all times as my husband and his family grew up only using Ragu!
This pasta is quick and simple! There isn’t much prep work involved at all (score!). Boil up some noodles, pour your sauce, crack a few eggs and top with cheese. Easy peasy! Those are the types of recipes that my family love most. Having a brood of 4 kids we try to keep weeknight simple but delicious and thanks to Ragu we are able to accomplish that.
One of our favorite way’s to eat this pasta is with a side of bread and dipping it into the ooey gooey egg yolks! If you’ve never tried pasta with eggs don’t be afraid! The whites are cooked to perfection and the yolks end up the perfect for dipping and it tastes absolutely amazing mixed in with the sauce and pasta. Trust me, like I said we resoluted to try new things this year, so should you!
Thank you to Ragu for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to pass on my family traditions. Don’t forget to visit Ragu’s website to find out all about traditions and recipe inspiration!
- 1 (16 oz) pkg penne pasta, cooked according to package
- 1 jar Ragu pasta sauce (we used Sauteed Mushroom and Onion)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In 10.5" cast iron skilled add your pasta.
- Pour sauce over pasta and make 4 indents into the top with the back of a spoon.
- Crack eggs into each indent and sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or until egg white are cooked and cheese is melted.
- We love dipping bread into our egg yolks before serving.