Creamy, meaty and flavorful this Ground Beef Carbonara is a serious family hit full of flavor and goodness that no one can resist!
Today I’m going to share with you one of my all time favorite meals, ever! Now I originally posted this recipe a little over 3 years ago and holy cow the photos were horrendous so I thought it was about time that I reshot the recipe and shared it again with you all.
This Ground Beef Spaghetti Carbonara is legit amazing. We make this meal at least once a month, probably more. My husband literally make googly eyes when I tell him that it is carbonara night, well lets just say that we all get googly eyes when its carbonara night!
This is a really hearty meal and you only need one bowl to be fully satisfied let me tell you. But when you taste this easy recipe you really don’t want to just stop at that one bowl, the struggle is real.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED?
- Ground beef
- Heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
What is carbonara?
Carbonara is a traditional Italian dish that is normally made with ham or bacon, eggs and cream. We give it a little spin and add some ground beef, onions, garlic and mushrooms.
The eggs are tossed in with the hot pasta and coat the noodles giving them a nice texture, there is no need to be afraid to eat this dish because of the use of eggs. The eggs will be fully cooked when tossing and heating at the same time. Absolutely well worth it!
HOW DO YOU MAKE SPAGHETTI CARBONARA?
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile in large pan cook your bacon until done and remove from pan and set aside.
- To same pan add onions, ground beef, garlic and mushrooms and saute until beef is no longer pink and onions are tender.
- Add heavy cream to spaghetti and heat over high heat until cream is hot then reduce heat to medium high.
- Add in your meat mixture and eggs and toss to coat and heat, tossing for about 4 minutes until eggs are cooked through.
- Add in your parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
This is such a simple recipe, you need to add it to your weeknight routine. It goes well with some garlic bread or a side salad since the meal itself is so hearty that it really doesn’t need anything huge to accompany it.
If you want a meal that you can make for company than this Pasta Carbonara is exactly what the doctor ordered. It really makes and feeds a crowd.
If you want to switch it up you can always swap out the ground beef and bacon for some pancetta, add some peas, etc. There really is a ton of different variation that will go super well with this dish and they aren’t wrong, they are how you like them.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
- Garlic Parmesan Tortellini Salad
- Easy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Ground Beef Carbonara
- 1 16 oz pkg spaghetti
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 4 oz can mushrooms
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1-1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In large pot cook your pasta according to package directions, drain and return to pot.
- In skillet cook your bacon until crisp, remove; reserving drippings and drain on paper towels and crumble.
- In same skillet add your ground beef, garlic, onion and mushrooms and cook until beef is no longer pink, drain off fat.
- Pour your whipping cream over your spaghetti in pot, cooking on high until hot. Reduce heat to medium-high adding in your ground beef mixture and eggs, tossing until all pasta is coated. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in your cheese and seasonings and serve!
PIN IT FOR LATER!