Love cookies? Then you’ll love these chewy and tasty Glazed Oatmeal Raisin Bars. Taking a beloved cookie recipe and turning it into bar form!
So I’m officially halfway through with my vacation and I have accomplished zero. I feel so bad. I haven’t even accomplished sitting on the couch and relaxing watching a movie. What is wrong with me? I keep telling my husband daily that I want to do nothing for a day and just watch movies. I guess when having kids and it being summer time that isn’t a feasible option unfortunately. Unless they want to be lazy with you, and that rarely happens in my household.
How has your summer been going, have you done anything fun? Something worth telling me about, I’m looking for ideas desperately. We have a boat and I would love to go out onto that but for the life of me I cannot seem to find a life jacket anywhere that will fit my tiny peanut of a daughter. All the ones that are left are too large. So, her and I have gotten used to sandbox time. Now to teach her to build things instead of throwing sand out is my next task.
Even know I don’t seem to get much accomplished even when I have the time, one thing I do seem to get accomplished is baking. No matter what, in my household there will never not be a sweet treat sitting around. The kids know that once something gets low they will be hearing mom rustling through the kitchen again to whip up something else. This time that something else just so happened to be these beauties.
So I don’t know if I’ve stated this before but I’ve never been a cookie fan, I’m slowly turning myself around to that idea though. It’s because my mom always made those crispy cookies when I was growing up and I was a soft and chewy girl so since then I’ve just never really had an appetite for them. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies on the other hand are something that this gal will always turn to. My husband says the same, but when I can turn a cookie into a bar I’m even happier. Behold, Glazed Oatmeal Raisin Bars!
Glazed Oatmeal Raisin Bars
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup raisins
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbs milk or cream
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 and line a 9x13" baking pan with tinfoil and spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl of stand mixer (or using hand mixecream together your butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add in your oats, flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined (will be very thick).
- Add in your eggs, vanilla and raisins and again mix until combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Meanwhile to make your glaze, mix together your powdered sugar and milk adding additional milk for desired consistency.
- Once bars are cool pour glaze over top and spread over bars.
- Let sit until the glaze hardens a bit, cut and serve!