Easy, cheesy and a family favorite these Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes are a no-fail recipe that is perfect for dinnertime, potlucks or when you’re in a hurry and want to fix it and forget it.
Who doesn’t love cheesy potatoes, or potatoes also known as “funeral potatoes”? This recipe has always been one of my families most beloved recipes and one of my kids most asked for.
Simplicity is what we are looking at these days and in the summertime, well technically all year round we adore our crockpot and crockpot recipes are ones we make probably more often than anything else.
We love meals that we can just throw in something, set the temp and forget about it until it’s done. This cheesy potato recipe is the perfect one to do that with! Hands down the best!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE CROCKPOT CHEESY POTATOES?
- Frozen diced potatoes
- Cream of chicken soup
- Sour cream
- Diced onion
- Melted butter
Now if that list of ingredients doesn’t get any more simple than that then I don’t know what will! I mean this is a recipe you can’t not try, trust me when I say that it makes the absolute perfect side dish!
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS CHEESY POTATO RECIPE?
You really cant get any more simple with the steps of this recipe in all honesty!
- Mix together your potatoes, onions, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, seasonings, melted butter and a portion of your cheese.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook for 4 hours.
- Remove lid and sprinkle with remaining cheese and cover for 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE IN THE OVEN?
100% yes you can. We do make this in the oven from time to time, but the crockpot has been one of my favorite ways to make it when we are short on time around dinnertime and we want something that is ready to go when we are.
To make it in the oven you do all the same steps as you would make it in the crockpot. You add all your cheese into mixture instead of separating it out.
You bake at covered with tinfoil at 350 for about 40-45 minutes removing the foil in the last 10-15 minutes of baking to get that cheese nice and bubbly.
So with this cheesy potato casserole recipe you can make it in the crockpot or in the oven, whichever way is easiest for you.
I really like to do the crockpot because the cheese on top in there gets really gooey and I adore gooey cheese so this is my preferred method!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes
- 1 32 oz bag frozen diced potatoes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbs butter melted
- 2 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In crockpot add your potatoes, onions, sour cream, soup, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, butter and 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Place lid on and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove lid and sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese and cover again for about 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.Nutrition Disclaimer
PIN IT FOR LATER!