Crunchy, soft, sweet and delicious! These Chocolate Strawberry Muffin Tops are baked right into mason jar lids making them a fun and easy snack!
Ok guys, I actually got creative the other day. I had some strawberries that were calling my name from inside my refrigerator and I just couldn’t help myself!I had to reach in, grab those bad boys and give them the love that they needed. Because we all know that strawberries are full of love to give!!
Who doesn’t love muffins? I’m a big muffin fan, but obviously the tops of those lovely things are where it’s at! Crunchy, soft and sugary…ugh, yum! So, hence these Chocolate Strawberry Muffin Tops were born.
But since I don’t have one of those fancy muffin top pans, I improvised! I baked them in lovely little mason jar lids! You guys, it was awesome!
I’ve seen so many people lately baking in mason jar lids that I figured why not give it a shot! I was so nervous that they wouldn’t turn out, BUT THEY DID! Yeah buddy! To top it all off, they are super moist and delicious! I have all my favorite parts from a muffin in one spot!
Moist muffin with a crunchy streusel topping, sprinkled with sugar crystals and drizzled with a vanilla glaze. How does that not make your mouth water?
Well it does mine and I’m eating them so I guess at this point until you are able to full feel the effect that is these Chocolate Strawberry Muffin Tops that you will just have to trust me! I don’t lie people. But it does help that I had some impartial taste testers that loved them as well, so that’s always nice to have the extra reassurance!
Now if you do happen to own a muffin top pan, please feel free to use it! The recipe will still be the same, just not in mason jar lids. But come on, the lid part is half the fun of these delicious little treats!
You can switch up this recipe to your favorite muffin flavors, blueberry sounds super good to me, but I was in a strawberry chocolate kind of mood this time around!
Chocolate Strawberry Muffin Tops
- 6 Tbs butter melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips milk or semi-sweet
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tbs flour
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Decorators sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Using 12 (8 oz) mason jar lids, turn the metal piece so the plastic rim is facing down. Spray inside and out with non-stick cooking spray.
- In bowl mix together your butter, milk, egg and vanilla and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together your flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and stir until combined.
- Stir in your milk mixture until blended.
- Fold in your strawberries and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- To make your streusel topping combine all ingredients until crumbly, set aside.
- Distribute batter evenly among mason jar lids making sure too not fill too full or it will overflow which is fine, but makes them harder to remove from lids.
- Sprinkle each with streusel topping and sprinkle with decorators sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-20 minutes or until golden brown and they spring back when touched.
- To make your glaze combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk together, drizzle over tops of muffin tops.
- Serve and enjoy!