Light, fluffy and delicious this Chocolate Chip Cookie Slab Pie will never have you wanting lie another way!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE SLAB PIE
So I was holding onto a package of cookies forever to make this cookie bottomed no bake cheesecake. So the day that I went to make it, it turns out it’s really hard to make a cookie bottom crust. Like I have up and went back to the drawing board.
So I had some premade crusts just chillin on my fridge and a slab pie has been on my list and I had run across this slab pie from Pillsbury so I figured I’d adapt that and low and behold this Chocolate Chip Cookie Slab Pie was born.
So it all starts with the pie crust prebaked until golden. Then you make a milk chocolate ganache and spread that all over your cooled pie crust…drooling already? I know that I am, I mean it’s a layer of ganache, who wouldn’t be drooling?
Ok anyways then you make your no bake cheesecake filling and spread that over the cooled ganache layer and sprinkle with crushed cookies. And then you let it all chill out for a bit and serve. You guys…..
I don’t think I’ve ever loved a pie more than this one. It’s a fun flavor and it’s not like your traditional. I’ve been in the pie mood this week and figured I really don’t have that many pies on my site because I’m more of a cake kinda girl, but this trumps cake at the moment.
My kids inhaled this, which kept me from eating it all which is probably a good thing because I really don’t want to see any more pounds being added to that scale any time soon, ya feel Me?
This is the perfect dessert to bring along to your next family gathering or potluck as it feeds a crowd and it’s kid friendly, no child will be turning there nose up at this, and if they do…its not your fault, they just don’t know what’s good!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Slab Pie
- 2 premade or homemade pie crusts
- 1 (12 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream , whipped to stiff peaks
- 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pkg soft chocolate chip cookies , divided and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Roll your pie crust into large 17"x12" triangle and place in a 15"x10" jelly roll pan and pinch down edges to make them scalloped.
- Poke holes all over crust with fork to vent.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden, set aside to cool.
- Once cooled make your ganache by placing your chocolate chips in a heat resistant bowl.
- In Pyrex bowl or measuring cup pour your milk and microwave for about 3 minutes or until it starts to boil, pour over chocolate chips and cover for about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir your chocolate and milk together until blended then pour over crust.
- Refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes so the ganache can cool.
- Meanwhile beat together your cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in your whipped cream and mix until combined.
- Add about 3/4 of your crumbled cookies to mixture and stir.
- Spread onto your cooled ganache and then sprinkle with remaining cookies.
- Refrigerate for about another 15-20 minutes to set up.
- Cut and serve.
This chocolate chip cookies looks yummy!
Wow! Tasty dessert my 3 years old son loved it..
Delicious! And so simple to make. I’d never bake chocolate chips cookies slap pie before but this was so easy. Thank you, I will be making this recipe again and again.
This pie looks delicious! Anything chocolate chip cookie is my thing. 🙂