Full of cheese, bacon and green onions this Cheesy Zucchini Bread is a delicious addition to any meal or just to eat as is!
When it comes to bread, we love our savory breads. Not saying we don’t like our sweet breads, but we love breads that are actual savory, cheesy, herby and delicious.
I think if I could live off of bread I would. Literally the other night, my 11 year old son at a whole loaf of bread for dinner. That is what he wanted. I was like…ok, who does that. But then I kinda looked at myself and could totally do that.
This Cheesy Zucchini Bread is a super simple and tasty recipe that is one of our favorites. We love the sweet zucchini recipes all the way but when you can throw some savory into the mix, we go wild for it!
This Cheesy Zucchini Bread is filled with cheese, bacon and green onions! With that combination how could you EVER go wrong!
DO YOU NEED TO PEEL ZUCCHINI FOR ZUCCHINI BREAD?
The answer to this question is simple, no you do not need to peel your zucchini! You can however if you would like, but you can be lazy and just shred it while and not worry about the peel. You won’t be able to distinguish a texture difference in the bread.
WHAT KIND OF CHEESE DO YOU USE?
We used Cheddar cheese in this Cheesy Zucchini Bread recipe. You can use any combination such as Colby jack, any flavor of cheddar, etc. Its more or less what your flavor profile desires.
We love the taste of cheddar cheese in breads to begin with so usually when we make a cheesy bread like this one we use cheddar the majority of the time.
DO YOU DRAIN YOUR ZUCCHINI?
We do squeeze out the majority of the moisture of our zucchini before we add it to the batter. Sometimes with the moisture left in the zucchini the bread itself takes longer to cook and comes out with a weird texture.
To drain your zucchini, first shred it then place into a tea town and squeeze out as much moisture as you can. It doesn’t have to be bone dry but as much as you can get out, the better.
This Cheesy Zucchini Bread makes the perfect gift for a neighbor or loved one, a fun munching treat for those summer days or just because you’re craving some warm and delicious bread.
If you like this bread recipe you might also like:
Cheesy Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup shredded zucchini drained of excess moisture
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9"x5" bread pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and garlic powder.
- In another bowl whisk together buttermilk and egg, then slowly drizzle in your melted butter and whisk until combined.
- Add your milk mixture into your flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add in zucchini, cheese, onions and bacon and mix until incorporated.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour until center is cooked through.
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Leave a Reply