This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StouffersHoliday #CollectiveBias
Is it just me or does everyone else seem to be super busy around the holiday season? That it’s hard to actually get time to make meals between the get togethers, cleaning, baking and the loads upon loads of shopping? I love this time of year personally, while others I know dread it. With that love comes a lot of stress…mainly to get everything perfect. I still need to learn how to accept that perfect doesn’t always happen.
Although I love making that perfect meal the majority time, sometimes I love to just let someone else do the cooking for me! That’s where I let NESTLÉ® STOUFFER’S® Family Size Entreés come in to play. Right now at Walmart you can pick these up on Rollback until December 31st. Not only will you have your hands free, you can trust that you will have a great meal.
While I was there I picked up NESTLÉ® STOUFFER’S® Family Size Entreés Lasagna with Meat & Sauce and my supplies to make my go to side: Bacon and Cheese Butternut Squash Fritters. With just 5 ingredients you can whip these fritters up in no time. I’ve quickly become addicted to fritters. I make these with zucchini and spaghetti squash as well and I just can’t get enough. Not only are they healthy, they taste great! They are a great fast weeknight side to go with virtually any meal.
Peel, chop and shred your squash. Toss in a bowl with your egg, flour, cheese and bacon (sprinkled with a little salt and pepper), fry it up nice and golden and there you have it. Didn’t think it was that easy did you? Add this along side STOUFFER’S® Lasagna and you have yourself a great easy meal that everyone will love.
Now that you know my go-to side, be sure to check out more delicious recipes to pair with STOUFFER’S® Lasagna at the Flavorful Moments Pinterest board. I’d love to hear what your favorite go-to side dish is!
- 1 small butternut squash, shredded (about 4-5 cups)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Vegetable or olive oil for frying
- Peel,chop and de-seed your squash.
- Using a food processor shred each cut piece.
- Add shredded squash to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients, stir until combined.
- In a non-stick skillet add about 2 Tbs oil and heat on medium-high heat.
- Drop squash by 1/4 cupfuls into pan and brown on each side until lightly golden.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce.
To see where I’m linked at visit my Link Parties page and join the fun! Don’t forget to party with me every Tuesday and Thursday night at 6pm CST for Wonderful Wednesday and Throwback Thursday!