Simple, delicious and flavorul this BLT Pasta Salad takes a favorite sandwich and turns it into the perfect side dish!
Is anyone else as happy as I am that summer is nearing? This is my most favorite time of year. I live in Minnesota and the majority of our year is spent in the cold weather. Heck, just the other day it was 40 degrees out and now today its 75. Mother nature here just cannot make up her mind. I can in all honestly say that after my kids grow up and start their lives I am going to be a snow bird.
Summertime just reminds me of grilling, which I’m sure I’m not the only person who this comes to mind. My husband could grill out every night if he had the opportunity. Sadly, we are currently out of propane and unfortunately I’m not about to cook over an open fire at this time. BUT just because we cannot grill doesn’t mean that we can’t make the staples of grilling sides!
This recipe was inspired by the deli counter at our local grocery store. Now I am honestly the hardest person to please when it comes to any pasta, or potato salad that comes from a deli. I am one of those that likes a certain flavor and the normal generic ones that they serve just don’t do anything for me. Sorry to those of you who adore them, sadly they are not for me. BUT this salad was an exception, OMG it was so creamy and flavorful that I had to try to recreate it and anytime my husband and kids ask for 2nd’s and 3rd’s I know its a keeper!
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 box spiral pasta any really will do
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 2 cups lettuce chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In skillet, cook bacon until crispy, drain on paper towel until cooled.
- In small bowl whisk together mayo, sugar and lemon juice. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to your liking.
- Crumble bacon then toss the lettuce, tomato and bacon in with the pasta. Add the mayo mixture until evenly coated, let chill for about 30 mintutes. Keep refrigerated.