Want restaurant quality dishes at home? This Copycat Applebee’s Honey Grilled Salmon is a quick and easy recipe that you can make in your own kitchen!
If you’re anything like me then you sometimes cant resist take-out food. One of the places that we go to often ends up being Applebee’s. They have a variety of dishes that we enjoy but we loved when they had their Honey Grilled Salmon on the menu! Miss it? Here is a recipe where you can easily recreate it at home.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK SALMON ON THE GRILL?
We cook our salmon 4-7 minutes on each side depending on the thickness. This results in medium-well done fillets that are flaky and tender. We rub our fillets which are around 6 oz with some vegetable oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Once it starts releasing it’s fat you can remove it from the grill.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF SALMON IS DONE?
You can easily tell this by using just a fork! If your salmon flakes off then it is done which like stated above is anywhere from 4-7 minutes per side for a total of 8-14 minutes depending on thickness of your fillets.
HOW LONG DOES SALMON LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
Fresh salmon should last 1-2 days, so once you buy it plan on cooking it almost immediately. Cooked salmon will last about 5-6 days if properly wrapped.
HOW DO YOU KOW IF SALMON HAS GONE BAD?
So telling if fish have gone bad is a funny thing because usually you tell if it has a fishy smell. Salmon has a mild smell, if it smells like ammonia or sour then it’s best practice for you to throw it out. Or just use the old adage “when in doubt, through it out”.
So now that you’re wanting to cook up one of your favorite restaurant recipes you’ll be so happy that you can make this Applebee’s Honey Grilled Salmon at home. Its a fun, easy recipe that the family will love!
Applebee's Honey Grilled Salmon
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs white distilled vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 6-8oz skinless salmon fillets
- Cooked rice optional
- In medium sized saucepan add your honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, pepper, cayenne, paprika and garlic powder and whisk together until combined.
- Heat over medium-high heat until boiling then reduce heat to medium-low to simmer for about 15 minutes until thickened.
- To grill your salmon heat your grill to medium, you can also use a grill pan on the stove.
- Rub both sides of your fillets with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the salmon about 5-6 minutes per side minutes per side or until done.
- Remove to plate and brush salmon with sauce.
- Serve over cooked rice and a side of the sauce for dipping.